What our young people say
“Getting this job was life-changing for me because it was really good… like I was enjoying it, getting up every day, going to work… because I was getting out of the house. It was making me do something. It was a life changer.”
Bridging The Gap
At SP Worx, our mission is to bridge the gap for disengaged young people, giving them a hand-up and a sense of purpose by providing them with real jobs. Through training in soft employability skills and on-the-job mentoring we help at-risk young people become job ready with the goal of integrating into the mainstream workforce. We partner with our not-for-profit organisation, ‘Street Peace’ based in Melbourne’s South East and offer supported employment pathways for young people engaged in their programs.
Our objectives for employing at-risk and disengaged young people into SP Worx are to:
- Develop employability skills and increased opportunity to transition into ongoing employment or accredited training / apprenticeships
- Develop a sense of purpose and meaning through paid employment
- Provide an increased sense of hope about the future
- Improve mental health and well-being
- Decrease rates of crime and anti-social behaviour in the community
- Increase civic participation through volunteering opportunities.